Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Let it Snow Sign




While on our little trip to the mountains I found this piece of rusty metal near the road while looking for pinecones and immediately thought it would make an interesting rusty metal sign.

This is the piece as I started.



And since I found it in the mountains what could be better than a snow sign.

I printed out the words "let it snow" sized to fit on my sign.  I rubbed the backside of the paper with chalk and traced the words onto the metal and began to paint the words with white acrylic paint and a fine point brush.







Next I drew random snowflakes across the sign.




Then added faux snow around the edges and blue highlights on the letters and snowflakes.



There were already 2 holes in the metal I used to put the hanging wire through and circled the wire on the frontside to keep it from pulling through.



And lastly I added some white fibers and red berries.




Happy Crafting!














SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment