Monday, October 3, 2016

Craft Fair Season Begins





We woke up Sunday to beautiful blue skies and enjoyed coffee on the patio.  But not for long.  

We had some very promising clouds move in by noon.  This will be the first storm since May.



I went out and picked my apples and pomegranates off the tress before they got wet.



Thank goodness these clouds held off for one day, yesterday was the beginning of the craft fair season.  And we attended one of my favorites of the season.  It is huge and covers the grounds of a local high school.  This is just one aisle.  I have my favorite vendors I always check out.  And sure enough I found some great finds and a few Christmas gifts, too.



The first vendor I always check out sells the most whimsical holiday decor items made from found and recycled items.  This year I bought a black wooed witches hat and a wooden turkey made from a fence post.





Isn't he adorable?


My next favorite vendor sells glass beads that she makes.  She has them in bins sorted by color.  So, it is sort of a treasure hunt to find the ones I like.


 I found 3 different sets for projects.  Now I need to decide how I am going to use them.  The first set I believe I will make into a necklace.  A few years ago while in Sedona AZ. I found a pair of beads that I made into earrings.  I think they will look good with these.  They look like they where made by the same artist except one is glass and the is polymer clay.





I have no idea what to do with these, except I really liked the color combination.



And finally this set of green floral beads with enough focal pieces to make a necklace and earrings.


And the last vendor sells seasonal jewelry at crazy low prices.  Less that I could buy the beads for, to make the same thing. So this year I purchased a pretty pair of crystal Christmas tree earrings.



One last unexpected find from a new vendor.  Oh so cute pumpkin and spider on a metal fence finial.




Happy Shopping!















No comments:

Post a Comment