Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Large Calendar Finished



Well, I finally finished my large 2017 calendar.

I found this calendar on one of my favorite Australian blogs, Shabby Art Boutique.  I printed the 12 pages on 8 1/2 by 11 inch card stock.

Next,  I used Japanese pearlized watercolors to add a different colored wash around the boarder of each month.  Love to use these for a little shimmer when painting a picture with regular watercolor paints.  Sometime I will add a little shimmer to things like sun rays in pictures.  Fun watercolor paints to experiment with.



Here is the printed calendar.




I painted a light color wash the border on each month and let them dry.

Next I highlighted the flowers with different shades of Stickles.








And when everything was dry I punched two holes at the top edge and hung my new calendar by a length of pink dyed seam binding.


Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment