Monday, February 19, 2018

Updated Camp Craft Trinket Box






I have been working on cleaning out my work areas.  While cleaning today I came across a pack of popsicle  sticks.  Hum!!  I think I will try to make a trinket box like we used to make at camp.  Only this time I want to really glam it up.



I began by glueing 11 sticks side by side with Alleene's Tacky Glue.  Next I added 2 cross pieces.  I made 2 of these, one for lid and one for the bottom.





On the back of the lid I added a couple of the sticks cut in half on the inside of the cross pieces to help to keep the lid from sliding off the base.



Then I began adding the sides alternating as the walls go up.






 I ended up with sides about 2 inches tall.







I grabbed my pink chalk paint and painted the entire piece.








I went through my stash and found a pretty rosebud paper and cut it to fit in the inside bottom.




I also had a small bag of clear beads.  I chose to use the largest size for feet, one on each corner.






After all the paint was dry I worked on decorating the lid.  I cut out a round label, glued that on and added a clear knob.



Then I fussy cut a few roses and glued those on and put a bead of Stickles around the label and on a few areas of the roses.  I used a platinum color and a clear colored Stickles.




Then I went into my supplies and found different sized flat back pearls.


I also had some green leaf trim.



I first cut a few leaves and added those.


Next I glued 4 of the largest pearls to the lid corners.






And lastly I added leaves to the sides and laces in the opposite corner from the flowers.  I also glued 2 pieces of lace on the lower side pieces under where the lid sits.


This was a fun twist on an old craft.  It is very sturdy and a nice size to store my watch or any small items.


Happy Crafting!





























No comments:

Post a Comment