Thursday, February 22, 2018

A Little Winter Scene



I found this picture of a little cottage in the snow on the Internet.  I looked to wintry I decided to print it off and make a mixed media project.

What an idyllic little scene.  Wouldn't you just love to be curled up by the fire with a good book.  At least as long as someone else had to shovel the snow.


I printed the picture out at 4" by 6".  And chose an 8" x 10" canvas for this project.




To begin I marked out the dimensions of the print on the canvas and decoupaged the print in place.







For the background of the canvas I mixed white and black and a little brown acrylic paint, leaving it marbled.







And painted the canvas.




Next I dabbed on some bronze and silver acrylic paint to the background.  I wanted the background to  have a stormy appearance.




Using IOD moulds and paper clay I formed a few medallions and borders.  Next I painted them black with a soft brush and using white glue I adhered them to the canvas.





I used a ruler to make sure all the borders where square and even.





Once the glue was set I used silver Rub N Buff on the raised areas then used and antique gold to give the trim a little depth and warmth.







And finally I added some crystal Stickles to give the snow a bit of sparkle.











When it was totally dry I glued a piece of latter yarn for a hanger and hung it on my gallery wall.  I will probably change it out as the season change.







Happy Crafting!









No comments:

Post a Comment