Friday, October 20, 2017

Vintage Market Finds October






 Everyone is very concerned about all the wild fires burning in California.

One morning the wind was blowing this way.  The smoke was so bad we stayed indoors with the house shut tight.  The whole day looked like the sun was setting. The smoke was so thick it blocked out the sunshine.

Happily our weather is beginning to cool off.  Now, if only we would get a little rain.  I know the firefighters would be so grateful for a little help from Mother Nature.  But none is in the forecast, unfortunately.

It has been so hot I am late getting my Halloween decorations up in the yard.  But we finally managed to get the job done.

As for the vintage market, I didn't find much at this month.  Only three items.


The black wooden tray I plan to make into a shadow box.  Stay tuned for that makeover. And the spoon holder is something I have been looking to find.  I was one short.  These are great when serving a buffet.  They hold your silverware stack for the guests to pick up as needed. Your silverware stays stacked neatly, now I have one for spoons and one for forks.


And lastly one of the vendors was selling these cute pirate Halloween necklaces.  I seem to have a pirate theme going this year.




I also have these two life-size pirates, I dressed for the occasion, sitting on our sofa.  I named them Mr. and Mrs. De Pirata with their dog Wolfie.

They are very nice and quiet guests.  HA! HA!






Happy Shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment