Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Thrifted Lighthouse





While out thrifting I came across this unpainted lighthouse shelf for only $5.00.
I have been wanting some sort of lighthouse for summer decorating.  And with this piece I can choose my own colors.  I also had to glue the finial back in place on the top as it was loose.  I simply used a little wood glue and let it dry.



I began by painting the entire piece white, let it dry then came back in and painted aqua horizontal stripes and roof.



Next I cut a rectangle in a pice of painters tape.  Then taped a cross of paper to form a window stencil for the sides of the lighthouse.



I attached the window stencil in place and stenciled the windows on the sides for my lighthouse.  I removed the tape and went to the next stripe and stenciled the next window all in black.








Around the top of the lighthouse I used silver Stickles on the wire fencing.




I wanted the wire to look salt damaged as if the weather had taken a tole on it.



And here it is completed.





So cute summery.  I think it will reside on my fireplace mantel for the summer.




Happy Crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment