Wednesday, April 5, 2017

New Journal with Lots of Bling




We went out to lunch today to our favorite Chinese restaurant and on the way home I stopped at Target to grab some nail polish remover.

Well, while passing the markdown end cap I spotted the makings of a really cute journal.  Each piece was under $2.00.  I found the binder, divider pages and envelope pocket pages all at a very large discount.


I love the colors, shiny copper and natural brown paper.  There was also matching Washi Tape.







 There are 6 page dividers and I purchased 3 sets of 3 envelopes.


 Each of the page dividers is a different pattern.








The 9 envelopes I used 2 in front, 2 in back and one between each divider.  The corner of each envelope is dipped in copper, too.




I have matching copper scrapbook paper to use to decorate the front of the binder.




Using my Big Shot I cut out flower petals and glued them to the cover over a free hand stem I cut from the edge of the leftover paper.

I was left with a large section of paper I cut in half and scored to make a pocket for the front and back inside covers.  These I attached with Scor-tape.





I haven't quite decided what to use for the pages.  But once I do I will cut that paper to size and punch  holes to match the binder.





I gently curled the flower petals to give them a little dimension.




I addd a few rhinestone for bling and some bling faux rhinestone trim at the top and bottom of the front cover.



This journal is about the bling.







 Happy Crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment