Monday, November 6, 2017

Fall Leaf Bowl




It has felt like summer, shorts weather, and we are in November.  But thankfully this is supposed to be the last week of hot weather. We've been in high 80's.  Hard to believe.  But rain is supposed to start today and a major snow storm up the mountain.

I am so ready for winter.  Want to change my wardrobe to all my cuddly warm winter items, flannels, velvets, mittens and scarves.  So hard to think about that when the temperatures are so high and the AC is running.  Only last week the heater came on for the first time this season.  Mother Nature was just playing with us, giving us just a little touch of cool air.

So with Fall in mind I started a pretty leaf bowl.  I had lots of the faux Fall leaves leftover from my last project.  I thought I would try to make one of the leaf bowls I have been seeing on the internet.

I began by finding a glass bowl in the shape I wanted my bowl to have.  I covered the outside of the bowl with plastic wrap.  Then I brush on Mod Podge to cover the plastic wrap and laid my leaves in place.




To make sure the leaves held the shape of the bowl I used a little hot glue to tack the leaves to each other.





After the entire bowl was covered with the leaves I coated the outside of the leaves with another coat of Mod Podge.  Next I cut another piece of plastic wrap and covered the whole thing to hold the leaves in place until they were almost dry.





When the Mod Podge was almost set I removed the outer plastic and allowed the leaves to dry for several hours.




After several hours I removed the leaf bowl from the glass bowl with plastic wrap still attached.  I carefully removed the plastic wrap from the inside of my bowl and allowed the bowl to dry overnight.





Then it was ready to fill with Fall foliage.




It is really pretty when the light shines through the leaves.



Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment