Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Book Holder Makeover




I have been looking for a small book holder I could use on my worktable to hold my sewing and craft books.  When I spotted this one in a antique store for only $15.00 I knew it would be perfect.

I just needed to change the color first.




The black is, of course, a very dark color.  It took 3 coats of white paint to completely cover all the black.


after 2 coats of paint


Once the paint was dry I sanded the edges for a distressed appearance.




Next I got out my French Script Stencil and randomly stenciled words on each end.




I used a French gray chalk paint.











All finished and ready for my books.  It is the perfect size, too.



And wouldn't you know my assistant came by for a quality check when I was all done.  She really keeps an eye on me when I am working.



Happy Decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment