Monday, November 27, 2017

Best Way I Have Ever Cooked Bacon




What is it they say about bacon?  For every piece you eat,  your life will be one day shorter.  So I read at that rate I should have died in 1702.  Funny!

But that brings me to the age old problem, what is the best and easiest way to cook the bacon.

Bacon is always so messy to cook plus I don't like all the grease that is left on the strips.

I have read all the ideas and tips on the internet about the best way to cook bacon.  And so far I have not been pleased with any of them.

Then it occurred to me to try something a little different.

I preheated the oven at 375 F




 Then I started with a 1/4 sheet pan with a cooling rack inside to fit.






Next I placed a silicone baking mat over the rack.  




Then add the bacon.  Making sure there is a little clearance on all sides so the grease will drip into the 1/4 sheet pan and not run over the edge.




I start with a timer of about 15 minutes and add 5 minutes at a time until the desired crispiness is reached. I usually do this while I am cooking something on the stove that way it is easy to keep an eye on its progress.

Remove from oven and place a spoon under one long side of the sheet pan so the remaining grease can drain off and the bacon can cool.

Use at once or wrap and store in refrigerator to use on sandwiches or crumble as needed.  Use within a few days.

The strips cook and the grease collects in sheet pan and bacon is not greasy.  

Let the grease cool, wipe out pan with paper towel and toss in garbage.  Wipe off the baking mat also with a paper towel and toss.  Then wash pieces you baked with in hot soapy water.

No grease down the drain to create clogged drains and no splatters.  Finally a great way to cook bacon without mess plus the bacon stays pretty flat which is great for using in BLT sandwiches.



Happy Cooking!












No comments:

Post a Comment