Thursday, February 22, 2018

A Little Winter Scene

I found this picture of a little cottage in the snow on the Internet.  I looked to wintry I decided to print it off and make a mixed media project.

What an idyllic little scene.  Wouldn't you just love to be curled up by the fire with a good book.  At least as long as someone else had to shovel the snow.

I printed the picture out at 4" by 6".  And chose an 8" x 10" canvas for this project.

To begin I marked out the dimensions of the print on the canvas and decoupaged the print in place.

For the background of the canvas I mixed white and black and a little brown acrylic paint, leaving it marbled.

And painted the canvas.

Next I dabbed on some bronze and silver acrylic paint to the background.  I wanted the background to  have a stormy appearance.

Using IOD moulds and paper clay I formed a few medallions and borders.  Next I painted them black with a soft brush and using white glue I adhered them to the canvas.

I used a ruler to make sure all the borders where square and even.

Once the glue was set I used silver Rub N Buff on the raised areas then used and antique gold to give the trim a little depth and warmth.

And finally I added some crystal Stickles to give the snow a bit of sparkle.

When it was totally dry I glued a piece of latter yarn for a hanger and hung it on my gallery wall.  I will probably change it out as the season change.

Happy Crafting!

Monday, February 19, 2018

Updated Camp Craft Trinket Box

I have been working on cleaning out my work areas.  While cleaning today I came across a pack of popsicle  sticks.  Hum!!  I think I will try to make a trinket box like we used to make at camp.  Only this time I want to really glam it up.

I began by glueing 11 sticks side by side with Alleene's Tacky Glue.  Next I added 2 cross pieces.  I made 2 of these, one for lid and one for the bottom.

On the back of the lid I added a couple of the sticks cut in half on the inside of the cross pieces to help to keep the lid from sliding off the base.

Then I began adding the sides alternating as the walls go up.

 I ended up with sides about 2 inches tall.

I grabbed my pink chalk paint and painted the entire piece.

I went through my stash and found a pretty rosebud paper and cut it to fit in the inside bottom.

I also had a small bag of clear beads.  I chose to use the largest size for feet, one on each corner.

After all the paint was dry I worked on decorating the lid.  I cut out a round label, glued that on and added a clear knob.

Then I fussy cut a few roses and glued those on and put a bead of Stickles around the label and on a few areas of the roses.  I used a platinum color and a clear colored Stickles.

Then I went into my supplies and found different sized flat back pearls.

I also had some green leaf trim.

I first cut a few leaves and added those.

Next I glued 4 of the largest pearls to the lid corners.

And lastly I added leaves to the sides and laces in the opposite corner from the flowers.  I also glued 2 pieces of lace on the lower side pieces under where the lid sits.

This was a fun twist on an old craft.  It is very sturdy and a nice size to store my watch or any small items.

Happy Crafting!

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Vintage Milk Glass Lamp Makeover

I have had this cute little milk glass lamp stored in the garage.  It had belonged to my hubby's mom.

I really like milk glass and I have several pieces,  so this little lamp needed to be added to my collection.

The little orphan lamp was really dirty, I cleaned her up.  I also went to Ikea and found a little white lamp shade to fit.

I'm not a fan of the wood.  So I gave it a coat of white chalk paint.


To the lampshade I added a green sheer ribbon I tied into a bow and added a pretty crocheted flower I had hanging around.

When I have some extra time I plan to round up all my other milk glass pieces and make a display.

Love how modern yet shabby chic she turned out.

Happy Decorating!

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentines Day

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Enjoy a little love today with family, friends, furry beings or even your love of nature.

Get out and do something you love today. And spoil yourself or someone else, today and every day.

That is what makes me happy, doing something random for some other person, friend, love or stranger.

RAK, random acts of kindness makes the world a better place.  Pass on a little love today.

Having a special day with my love.  Enjoy your special day, too.

Happy Valentines Day