Thursday, November 19, 2015

Estate Sale and Second Shop Finds

Went to a couple second hand stores and an estate sale last weekend. The estate sale was at a house I drive past every year at Apple Hill time.  It always looked so cozy in amongst the tall pine trees.  So sad to see everything being sold off.  But I was happy to see the items being going to new loving homes.  So many times I have seen the children come in and just hall everything to the dump that their parents had loved and collected.

First, I found these 2 rubber stamps at one shop.  Love the vintage feel of them. Also the Fitz and Floyd creamer and sugar, crystal salt and pepper shakers.
Hard to see in this photo, but the books on the end are a pictures frame with a hidden box. The little jewelry dox has earring storage on the top section and ring storage in the drawer.

Everything I bought was under $3.00, most was $.50 or $1.00.  Really loved my finds this trip.  The jewelry box and book frame will get a make over, later. 



I just fell in love with these rubber stamps.  Have already used them on an altered book I am working on.  Stay tuned to see where I used them.





The little metal urns where only $.25, the mirror and the large urn will also get make overs. The cake server matches a set of gold silverware I use for the Holidays.




This little mirror came from the estate sale.  So Shabby Chic.  I think I will give it a little bit of a white wash.






Somedays you can go to garage sales and second hand stores and find nothing and the next time out come home with a car load.  Just never know.  This was just a great weekend for finds.

More of my finds tomorrow.

Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment