Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Shabby Chic Altered Clipboards


Here are two regular brown clipboards I altered for my craft room.
I used my favorite DCWV Primrose paper.  I just adore the colors of these papers, so shabby chic and soft without being too pastel and very vintage.  





On the long clipboard I needed to piece coordinating papers to fit the length.

I began by cutting the paper to fit and gluing to the board with Mod Podge.


When the glue was dry I sanded the edges and distress the edges with distress ink.


I  painted the clip with Martha Stewart pearl pink paint.  Then added the lace trims and Mulberry flowers with hot glue.  And added a few hot pink rhinestones for bling.

pieced papers

On the second, shorter board, I used one sheet of paper, from the 12" x 12' paper pad.



I added a couple of pink lace daisies with a clear rhinestone in the center, more lace bits from my stash and a larger mulberry lily surrounded by smaller pink flowers. When everything was dry I gave them both a coat of Mod Podge to protect the papers making them more durable.



I use these clipboards in my craft room to hold project ideas or magazines
 I want to use for reference.



Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment