Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Dollar Store Candle Holders and Cloche



I have seen this idea on Pinterest many times, so thought I would make my own for my buffet.

I used 4 glass candlesticks and 


candlestick
4 glass vases from the Dollar Store.

glass vase

2 wooden finials and 4 wooden plaques.


I added a small wooden plaques that I glued with E6000.  All the wood was painted with gray and white acrylic paint to resemble zinc.  I added a black and white bow to each piece.  And on the cloche I added a finial and painted it to match.


These can be used as a votive holder.


5 flat back pearls around the edge to keep the glass from slipping off.

 With out the glass cloche I can use these for battery operated pillar candles.  On each piece I added a small clear heart under the bow.


Here is the detail of how I attached the vase to the candle holder.  I used a pimiento jar lid that I painted to match the wood.  Using E6000 the jar lid helped make the transition between the two glass pieces.


I can also use these with pillar candle in the hurricane style pair.


My buffet is under a window and these look so nice with the candles glowing at night.  I really like to use the battery operated candles, no worry about fire if I forget they are lit.


Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment