Monday, November 16, 2015

Altered Composition Book




All our prayers are with the people of Paris.  They have had a terrible weekend.  Hopefully their will healing in their lives soon.  It is so sad when one human can take out his anger on another total stranger with no remorse or caring.  I pray for peace in the lives of all those involved is this terrible tragedy.  
My family is from France so I have always felt close the the French people. Perhaps that is why I like the Shabby Chic French decorating style.

Today's project is a shabby chic altered composition book.

The first thing I did was cruise Pinterest for a couple of images for the front and back covers.

Print out the images to fit your covers.
Glue the images to the covers.
 Next, sand the edges of the book then distressed with a light aqua distress ink.
Add three pearls, some lace and a border of Stickles  down the length of the book, where the lace and print meet, for a little bling.

front cover

Starting with the first page, I cut a piece of scrapbook paper from DCWV, Primrose pattern and glued to the first page and about every 25 pages added another page and tab.  For the tabs I drew an image on a piece of scrap card stock and traced my pattern on the different papers, then cut them out and glued along the edges at varying heights along the edge.


inside front





On the inside back cover I added a white ribbon bookmark to easily be able to fine the page I am working on.

inside back cover


The back cover I added a larger piece of paper to cover the whole area and then added my smaller picture from Pinterest along with a little glittered washi tape.

outside back cover


Happy Crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment