Friday, September 8, 2017

Series of Painted Pumpkins




I sketched out 3 different views of pumpkins





For the background I chose to paint the canvases with a mix of black and white paint to create a variegated gray then added a few blue highlights.  This is my only my second attempt with painting with mostly a palette knife.  I think I like the way the texture appears different than when using just a brush.



I also chose to paint each pumpkin a different color.  One pink, one blue and one salmon.

For this pink pumpkin I mix pink and white.  Each different pumpkin color was mixed with white.

Added a brown stem.



And green vine and leaf.



The very last thing I did was to highlight the vines and stems with a little liquid gold.  Doesn't really show up in the pictures but looks nice when it catches the light.

I am thinking of mounting these vertically on a piece of burlap ribbon and hanging them on the front door for Fall.

This was a fun project using canvas panels instead of stretched canvases.  I was hoping to keep them light enough in weight to hang on my wreath holder.



I ended up using hot glue to glue theses pumpkins to a lace and burlap ribbon to display them.




Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment