Monday, September 18, 2017

Tabletop Vintage Chair Makeover




I spotted this cute little chair and bottle at a vintage market.  I thought the chair would make a cute tabletop candle holder.

It has some damage that appears be animal tooth marks.  Time to paint and disguise the damage.




I chose to use aqua and white.  I painted the spindles on the chair and the cross brace on the bottom aqua and the rest of the chair white.







Using a pretty napkin I cut out a bird and a few flowers to decoupage on the seat and the damaged areas.  



 Using Mod Podge I applied the bird and flowers. Then sealed them with more Mod Podge.
















And here I have this little chair with a pretty candle in the seat.



On the little bottle I wrapped the neck with some wired twine and added a little metal medallion.  Just below the top I hot glued on a green leaf trim.

This little bottle is so cute only about 3 inches high.  I placed it on a shelf next to my tiny little 1 inch box.  I have always liked miniatures.  Ever since I was a teenager I have collected miniature books.  Have collected quite a few of theses little books over the years.



Happy Crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment