Monday, February 27, 2017

Thrift Store Metal Planter





Here is another one of my $1.00 finds at our local Hospice Thrift Store.  Actually this is a picture of a planter very similar to the one I bought.  Somehow the original photo disappeared from my camera.  Mine started with a finish very much like this one.




I used the shade, Eterno, chalk paint to give this planter a base coat.


1st coat



2nd coat


Next I thinned down the color Sheepskin chalk paint with water.




And painted the entire piece and then took a paper towel and immediately wiped most of this color off giving the piece an aged appearance.




Once the paint was dry I gently used a piece of sandpaper to distress the entire planter.







Next I wrapped a few bouquets of silk flowers in paper to look like they just came from the flower market and placed them in the planter.

Another project for Spring decor.






Happy Crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment