Thursday, February 16, 2017

Spring Wreath





Well, now that Valentine is over it is time to turn to Spring crafting.

Today certainly felt like Spring, temperatures in the upper 60's, but I know rain will be here in a day or two.

My first Spring project is to make a new wreath for the front door.

I began with a 50 cent willow wreath I picked up at a thrift store.









I also used a smaller floral wreath I ordered online for under $5.00.



I began by using hot glue to attach the floral wreath to one side of the willow wreath.




Next I added some wisteria sprigs cascading down the left side.






Then I made a small bird nest using a twig napkin ring and some raffia.  I hot glued the raffia to the twig ring from the bottom and then added a faux bird to the nest.












Using hot glue I attached the bird and nest to the wreath.




I decided I didn't want a bow but did want some ribbon on the wreath.  So I cut 3 lengths of pink ribbon.




Then brought the ends together and hot glue them together.




Again using hot glue I folded the ends to form a narrow end.




Then hot glued the ribbons randomly in place on the wreath.




Continuing with the Spring theme I added a few daffodils.




Next I attached a small piece of pink ribbon to the top to use as a hanger for the wreath and tied it to the top of the willow form.



Now it is ready to hang when the weather turns to Spring.



Happy Crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment