Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Set of 2 Silver Pedestals






I have had a set of of 2 plated silver plated pedestals for several years.  I haven't used them in quite awhile because I got tired of constantly polishing them.  They have just been collecting dust, but I didn't want to get rid of them because I really liked their shape.




You guessed it.  I decided to paint and distress them.

 It took 2 coats of chalk paint.  The largest one I painted white and the smaller one I painted aqua.


first coat of aqua paint


Second coat of aqua paint

first coat of white paint

 I really like the way they turned out and I think I will be using these much more often now that I don't have to polish them all the time.


When the paint was dry I used sand paper to lightly distress the raised areas on the pedestals.







This was a very easy makeover but a very needed one if I was ever going to use these pedestals again.


The smaller of the two pedestals I decided to use under my ice tea jar, making it much easier to dispense the beverages into the glass now that it is raised.  The larger of the two is back on the shelf until needed.



Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment