Thursday, February 2, 2017

Painted Spring Candleholder




It is so hard to believe we are already in the month February.  Although yesterday felt like a Spring day with temperatures in the 60's.  Today we are back to cooler and cloudy weather with rain in the forecast for later this week.

A few week ago I found this funny little metal candle holder at a thrift sale, I think I paid $1.00.  I immediately thought it would be gorgeous painted for Spring in soft pastels with a few crystals added.

You can see it in the background of the photo below.


Here is a better shot after I added 4 wooden beads to cover the screw threads beneath the cups that hold the candles.  There was probably some sort of large bead here originally.

When I first spotted it I thought it reminded me of cherry blossoms.



So I began by painting the entire piece white and letting it dry.


Next I painted the petals of the flowers soft pink and the leaves a soft green.  I also painted the wooden beads at the top pink and green



Then I hung a few chandelier icicle shaped crystals on the branches.







Then tied a pouf of nylon netting to the base of the branch and fluffed it out.





And lastly I added a pair of bobeches with crystals to the candle cups.

I will probably use this as part of my Easter centerpiece this year.

So happy that it turned out the way I envisioned.


before


after


Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment