Friday, November 4, 2016

Jars with Vintage Labels



I have been saving jars for awhile. So the other day I went onto Graphics Fairy and downloaded a few vintage labels.

  First thing I did was to print them off with my laser printer. 



 A few of them I painted with watercolors and the rest of them I left plain.




I especially like this vintage bottle with the vintage label.



I brushed Mod Podge to the back of the label and applied to the bottle carefully wiping away any glue on the bottle and smoothing carefully to remove any wrinkles or bubbles.  When the labels were dry I added a protective coat of Mod Podge to the front of the labels.  You can wipe the labels with a damp cloth when necessary to clean the outside, but I wouldn't submerge in water unless you want to remove the label entirely.


These I plan to use to store dry goods like rice and pastas in the larger bottles and dried herbs from my garden in the smaller ones.



This set I picked up awhile back at one of the craft stores.  I want to find corks to fit the tops and plan to use these for herbs and spices, too.


These I have already filled with things like peppercorns and alphabet soup pastas.




I really like these little jars they are useful again, plus I have saved them from the landfill.



Happy Crafting!






SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment