Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Fast Fall Yarn Bobbin Lamp



It is hard to believe but we are having a heat wave of sorts.  It is the first week of November and all the doors and windows are open and it is almost 75 degrees.  Too warm again today.

Even so, I have been trying to get into the mood for cool weather and Fall decor. 

I have several of the old wooden yarn bobbins. 




I was trying to think of something to do with them.  I said to myself how about a small lamp.

I gathered my supplies and began assembling.





I attached the little vintage electric light to the top of the wooden bobbin using museum wax.



Next I added a large glass bobeche. 


Added a small Autumn wreath and an amber glass shade.


And lastly I added a silicone rustic light bulb.




Within a few minutes I had a really cute Fall lamp.





Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment