Friday, November 11, 2016

Glittered Light Switch Plate




I was at the Restore a few weeks ago and found this gorgeous beveled glass framed mirror for $15.00 for my main bath room.



I just loved the distressed gold appearance.

I have been seeing a lot of glittered light switch covers on Pinterest lately. While I was combing my hair this morning I looked at my light switch and it was so WHITE!



That's when I decided to glitter that plate.

I chose to used 2 colors of glitter to match the frame better.

I used the Smoky Quartz first and the Antique Silver for the second color.  It gives the piece a gold silver finish.



I began with a liberal coat of Mod Podge to cover the entire switch plate.  Then sprinkled the entire piece with the Smoky Quartz glitter.   I set that dry.  And then applied another light coat of Mod Podge and sprinkled on the Antique Quartz.  


When both colors were dry I applied a liberal coat of Mod Podge to seal the glitter and keep it from shedding off on everything.  Then let that coat dry.  It looks terrible at this stage until the Coat of Mod Podge is dry but won't worry it will dry clear.


And don't forget to glitter the screws, also.  Making sure to leave the slot open to screw back into the wall.


All dry and ready to reinstall on the switch.



The screws blend in nicely and are barely noticeable from any distance.




Happy Crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment