Friday, October 7, 2016

Altered Depression Glass Bowl





I was so sad when I unpacked my little pair of green Depression glass bowls.  One was chipped.  I really love this beautiful Spring green color.



I almost threw it out but then thought I would save it for a future project.

Yep, I came up with a use for it.  Awhile ago I picked up a pretty glass light cover for only $1.00 at a thrift store. 



When I looked at both of these pieces I decided to marry them into a candle holder for tea lights.


huge chip


I also had the perfect sized empty candle jar to fit inside.


In order to cover the chip I ran two rows of silver bling gems around the rim of the green bowl, using hot glue.  This stuff is fun too use.  I looks sparkly without actually having any gemstones and you can easily cut it to any length with just a pair of scissors.



Next I hot glued a row of the bling to the top of the glass light cover and hot glued that to the center of the bowl.


Creating my one of a kind candle holder.


I placed the small glass candle jar inside and it was ready to light.




The patterns on the glass cover dance from the flame of the tea light.  Really pretty at night and the bling trim picks up the light, too.


Happy Crafting!









No comments:

Post a Comment