Wednesday, December 23, 2015

How To Keep a Cut Avocado From Turning Brown



This is a trick I use whenever I have a half of an avocado left over. Avocados are so expensive it breaks my heart to open the refrigerator the very next day only to find my avocado has turned brown.

With all the extra company and meals to prepare this time of year this is a great way to avoid wasting this food.

Place your avocado in an airtight container with a cut onion and seal the lid.  The avocado in the picture below is 3 days old.  Still a nice green color and the flesh is firm.  Perfect for slicing and serving.

I've been asked if it picked up the onion flavor.  And my answer is, not that I've noticed.  But since I love onions and am probably going to serve them together anyway, I really never gave that any thought.

So the next time you want to save an avocado give this a try and then start counting all the money you are saving by not wasting those gorgeous avocados you just bought at the store.





Happy  Holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment