Monday, January 22, 2018

Unfinished Table Redo



I have been wanting a new small kitchen table.  So, for Christmas my hubby gave me an unfinished drop-leaf table, moulds and stamps to finish the table.







 Assembly was very easy, just 8 bolts to attach the legs.




I used paper clay and this mould set to add details to the table.





I immediately glued the medallions to the table skirt and legs.  You can see a sneak peak of the stamps I also planned to use.










Then I painted the legs white and the top gray using chalk paint.








When the white paint was dry I went over the raised areas of the medallions with gray to make them pop.



Next I used white chalk paint with the rubber stamps and stamped the top of the table.  I also added gray stripes to the skirt of the table and applied gray to the bottom few inches of the table legs.









I stamped a random medallion pattern to the top.












And the last thing I did was to wax the entire piece.  Love my new little table.



And of course my assistant did her final quality control check.





Happy Crafting!









No comments:

Post a Comment