Thursday, January 18, 2018

DIY Metal Cloche




I have been seeing the metal screen cloche everywhere.  Then I saw a way to make one on Pinterest using a metal downspout strainer. I thought they were so cute but too expensive to buy retail.  Time to get crafty.




I began by wiring the opening along the back together on the strainer,  next I gently pushed and pulled the strainer into an bell or cloche shape.



I used my IOD mould  and paper clay to form a medallion in which I removed the center, making room to add the Tim Holtz crystal knob.  




Then I screwed the knob and medallion to the top and painted the medallion and strainer with a copper colored acrylic paint.  On the new cloche wire I painted the wire with a hit and a miss application, not covering the entire wire.  Leaving parts of the silver wire showing to give an aged appearance, you could also spray paint the entire piece white or black.  



I shaped the bottom of the edge to fit a couple of candy dishes I own.  One red and clear and the other blue.

This little Hummel figurine belonged to my hubby's mother.  It fits perfectly.







Here is a little blue angel in the blue dish.







It even looks good all by itself just sitting on the table.

And best of all the whole Cloche cost under $5.00.


Happy Crafting!



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment