Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Thrift Store Stool Makeover




Awhile back I picked up this not too cute little blue stool at a thrift store for a couple of dollars with the intent of doing a makeover.





I began by giving it two coats of chalk paint in Sheepskin, a soft off white color.


first coat of paint

Then using paper clay and several different IOD moulds I added details to my little stool.

First I added a rope type border to the top.







Then I added individual medallions to each end.



I gave the entire piece a second coat of paint, added clear wax, let that dry, buffed, then added a coat of dark wax and immediately buffed it off the raised areas leaving the dark wax mainly in the recessed areas.



I am planning to use this piece as a riser for a plant or for something I need to lift up higher than surrounding items.






Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment