Friday, January 13, 2017

Faux Aged Pedestal




I am attempting to rid my house of anything that its bright shiny gold.

I used the same process as I used on the two tall candlesticks.





I decided to also give this piece the look of rusted aged metal.

 Here is what I used to make my aged finish.


The first thing I did was to paint the piece black and let that dry.  Forgot to get a picture of that.

Then I added a coat of white chalk paint.   Leaving some of the recessed areas black.  Let that dry and added drops of the alcohol ink and dabbed that with a paper towel to smear and smudge.




And lastly I brushed on the gray chalk paint to lighten any areas where the colors needed blending and highlighted a few spots with the bronze Stickles.







I used the completed pedestal to elevate this bust and placed it between the two matching candlesticks.


Happy Crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment