Monday, September 5, 2016

Water Can Redo




Wow,  I could definitely feel Fall in the air today.  We are still looking at more hot weather.  But I can feel the weather changing.  Nights are getting very cool.

Today's little project is to paint a wooden watering can to look more like white enamel with black edging.

  Here is what I began with, a little can I found a second hand sale.



I painted the entire can with white chalk paint leaving some areas not painted around the apple and leaves.



After the paint was dry I used a black fine point Sharpie pen to create the black edges.  I also drew around the apple and leaves.



Here is a close up of the black edges.


I like the way the black pen shows off the apple and leaves which have a slight yellow color, not pure white like the rest of the water can.  The color difference is caused by not painting too heavily over the original red and green coloring.


Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment