This was a fun project. I began by using air dry clay to make two beads, about 3/4" across.
Here are the beads on my craft mat drying. I shaped them by hand into flat disks, created the center holes then lightly pressed a clock gear into the surface for a little added texture. Then left them to dry.
This is the collection of items I used to create the earrings.
The first thing I did was to paint the beads with copper acrylic paint and while it was still damp I lightly mixed some aqua into the copper. This gave the beads an old relic appearaence.
When that was dry I added hints of gold randomly over the beads. When completely dry I gave the front and backs a good coat of Mod Podge. I let that dry while I was assembling the rest of the earrings.
And lastly added the handmade beads at the bottom with a piece of chain looped through the center hole.