Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Handmade Bead Earrings





This was a fun project.  I began by using air dry clay to make two beads, about 3/4" across.



Here are the beads on my craft mat drying.  I shaped them by hand into flat disks, created the center holes then lightly pressed a clock gear into the surface for a little added texture.  Then left them to dry.



This is the collection of items I used to create the earrings.




The first thing I did was to paint the beads with copper acrylic paint and while it was still damp I lightly mixed some aqua into the copper.  This gave the beads an old relic appearaence.
When that was dry I added hints of gold randomly over the beads.  When completely dry I gave the front and backs a good coat of Mod Podge. I let that dry while I was assembling the rest of the earrings.  


And lastly added the handmade beads at the bottom with a piece of chain looped through the center hole.






Happy Crafting!





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment