Friday, September 30, 2016

Vintage Labeled Bottles



I thought I would try a technique I have seen on Pinterest many times using packing tape to transfer images to glass.

I have been saving a few glass bottles and containers to alter.  For this project I choose 3 of different sizes and shapes.





First thing I did was go to Graphics Fairy and printed a few vintage labels in black and white on my laser printer.



I choose tree of them to work with and cut them out close to the images.



Next I cut packing tape to lay over each image and again cut them close to the images.

After the tape was in place I rubbed them to make sure all the air bubbles where out.

Once they where all prepared I placed them in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes.



When these soaked for a few minutes I turned them over and carefully rubbed all the white paper off the back of the tape.

Here they are sticky side up and all the paper rubbed off the tape.



Using a hair dryer on low fan I gently dried each label.  Drying with the blow dryer helps to make the tape sticky again so they will stick to the glass.

Be careful not to get them too hot causing them to burn or curl.


Next I applied one label to each jar making sure not to leave any air bubbles.  Rub across the  entire labels to make sure they are adhered to the glass completely.




That's it, that's all.  The trio is ready to hold bath salts, spices or flowers.

Remember these are not water proof, but you can clean them with a damp cloth.


Happy Crafting!










No comments:

Post a Comment