Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Vintage Button Necklace


We are having another great day of rain.  It is so wonderful to see our dams filling with water.  We have a long way to go before they are totally back to normal.
It is my hope that this will be the winter to end our terrible drought.  Sorry if I say that so much but no water is pretty serious and it is so hard to keep our 1/3 acre with a dozen trees alive with so little water.  Last summer we had to cut our usage by 35 percent.  We did it, but it required hauling a lot of buckets of water collected as the facets where heating up so not to waste a single drop.

  So toady while I stayed inside avoiding getting wet I was searching through my stash of vintage buttons and decided to create a necklace using some of the vintage shell buttons.



Here is what I used, 8 shell buttons of graduated sizes, crystals, seed beads, crystal spacers and cream colored ribbon.


Used 2 sizes of beads.


Also 4mm bicone crystals and crystal spacers.



Vintage shell buttons



Here is a close up as I was added seed beads.  I knotted the string between each pair of buttons and 4mm crystals.



A little further along adding seed beads.


Here is my transition from beads to ribbon.  I used crimp bead and covers, jump rings and beading wire covers to protect the wire.  I also used 8 pound nylon beading wire.


Finished necklace about 26" long.



Happy Crafting!















No comments:

Post a Comment