Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Vintage Necklace Redo




I recently went to a Vintage Craft Fair in my area.  In one of the booths I found a bag with large pearls of varying sizes. They looked interesting and the price was right.

When I got home I discovered  inside the bag was a three strand vintage pearl necklace that was broken.  One string seemed to be missing and the other was still partly strung and attached.

I had thought I was just going to rip the hole thing apart and use the beads for other projects.



As you can see there are strung on the clasp that originally held three strands.



But after a closer look I decided to remove everything except the one long strand.

I like the length and the chunky pearls now with just one strand.  


And with a few of the remaining pearls in the bag I put together a pair of matching earrings.



I also left the pretty leaf clasp at the back.  It looks fine with just one row of pearls attached.  

You just never know what you will find at a vintage fair.  But this time I came home with a few really great finds.  And I still have a bag of pearls for other projects.



Happy Hunting!




No comments:

Post a Comment