Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Vintage Paper Crown


This is a small vintage paper crown I made using vintage book pages and vintage music pages.



I first drew and cut out a template from card stock.  Traced the pattern onto the desired papers and cut out 2 pieces for the medallion and 2 pieces for the crown.  I glued the two pieces together before I cut them out for the crown and medallion.

I used the vintage book paper on the outside and the music paper on the inside of the crown. Glued these together of form a circle.  Next, using hot glue I added a piece of blue velvet ribbon to the lower edges.  Used distress ink over the piece.  Edged the crown with Platinum Stickles glitter.  And on the tips of the crown I added brown pearls.


I coated the entire crown with Mod Podge before adding the medallion.  I folded the medallion, glued that over the seams and added a series of stacked buttons for the focal point. On top of the buttons I glued a heart shaped golden rhinestone.



Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment