Saturday, October 17, 2015

Soft Page Altered Lace Mini Album





Today I am sharing a soft album that I made from mostly vintage laces.

Front Cover
The base pages for the album are cut from a beautiful floral upholstery fabric I had in my stash.  I stitched them together to form the album which consists of 4 pages and each page is covered with laces and trims.

When my Mother passed away I found so many beautiful pieces of laces and vintage sewing notions among her things.
I have been saving them for years trying to decide how to use them.  Then I got the idea to use some of them for this album.

On the front cover I used 2 vintage doilies and an appliqué. Then added more lace to cover the entire front cover.  The image in the center, along with all the images in the book, I stamped on muslim with permanent ink and colored a few parts then added small touches of Stickles. The green and pink glass bead tassel is attached with a metal garment tag pin to the spine.



1st Page
On this page I added a different background fabric on each side then layered with vintage laces.  The laces and the tiny rosebud trim in the background are over 100 years old. I glued a string of pearls down the center of each page.



2nd Page
On the page above I used 2 different background fabrics, 2 tiny vintage doilies and 2 bakelite buckles plus a vintage frog closure. I also scattered a few vintage buttons on the pages.



3rd Page
And lastly  
I added more vintage laces, a few handmade flowers from my stash and a bakelite button. 
And again I used 2 different fabrics on these pages, a green and a gold.


Back Cover
The back I completely covered the floral fabric page with lace and added a vintage appliqué.

I was so happy to be able to preserve a few of my Mother's vintage items.



No comments:

Post a Comment