Thursday, October 15, 2015

Altered Shabby Chic Violin

 This was an after Christmas find.  It has been in my workroom for some time.
I finally decided to give it a shabby chic make over.

I started by painting the entire piece, except the fingerboard, white with Gesso.
Next I used a vintage piece of music from an old book I have  to cover the scroll and top face of the violin.

Then I added silver glitter to the strings and around the F holes.  Where the fingerboard ends I glued a  silver dragonfly from a broken broach.

Added a cluster of white mulberry flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.

And cream pearls around the upper edge.

Next I added bits of lace from Tresor Deluxe  and a couple of heart shaped rhinestones for a little bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment