Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Mini Chipboard Album/Tags

I have been working on a couple of small  projects since this darn cold is still hanging on.
 I just haven't been up to any large projects.


I finished a couple of these little chipboard album/tags from Maya Road.



I used two different paper collections from my stash.  One vintage inspired and one bright traditional red and green.


front of vintage tags 


On this album I choose a vintage collection from a 6" x 6" paper pad.  On the first page stocking I glued a piece of paper behind the snowflake then glued a second stocking piece sandwiching the two together making the first page a double thickness.  Next I glued the paper to the front of each stocking.  With my craft knife, on my cutting pad, I carefully cut each stocking out. I followed that by sanding all the edges with a sponge block sander and punched out the hole that the chain runs through. I did the same thing to the backside of each stocking. I aged all the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in broken branch.
I filled the snowflake with Glossy Accents and then filled it with clear Martha Stewart Micro beads to give it a shimmer.  I glued six small pearls and six medium pearls around the snowflake with my hot glue gun.



back of vintage tags


Traditional papers
 On this one I used papers from a 12" x 12" Christmas pad and distressed with a green ink.


Reverse side

No comments:

Post a Comment