Monday, August 14, 2017

4 Month Break





It has been awhile since my last post.  Four months to be exact.

I was super sick in April and ended up with pneumonia.  That took a few weeks to get over and then I was super weak for a long time.

By the time I was back on my feet again there was so much to catch up on without making myself sick again I needed a break from posting on my blog.  No fun aging, everything takes longer to heal from.

I am finally starting to feel like myself again.  So this weekend I am spending my time rearranging my living room furniture.  Just needed a new view.  

I am trying to get rid of stuff I don't use or need any longer.  Too much clutter.  That is my new mantra.  Get rid of clutter.





Our summer here has been super hot with us experiencing the hottest July in recorded history.  And now it is almost the middle of August and still no temperatures below 90 degrees.  Time for a break.  Even a small break in the 80's would be refreshing.






















After the wonderful rains last winter our yard is super green
and the flowers are blooming like crazy.





Here's my assistant watching as I take pictures of the yard.  She always needs to see if I am doing a good job.





My pomegranate was covered with blossoms for the first time.



And I have a couple of new additions to the yard this year.

A new birdbath with a solar fountain.





And a tipsy pot sculpture planted with succulents plus a 4 foot metal flower I bought at Costco.


So now it is time to get back to being creative, too.  Stay tuned for future projects.


Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment