Friday, August 18, 2017

Art Canvas Vase





Well, it took me a lot longer than I expected to rearrange my living room furniture, dust and vacuum. Then put everything back in place.  Four days in total.

I did, however, find time to make a new flower vase for my living room.

I started with an 11 x 14 inch canvas that I glued a piece of sheet music from an old book I picked up last year to use in projects.



Next I aged the dried page with distress ink.



On the back side of the canvas I glued a soft vase I had purchased at the Dollar Store last year using my hot glue gun.



Terrible color but it won't show on the back side of the canvas.  Just at the top of the vase I used an Xacto knife to cut a slit about 3 inches wide then stretched the opening a bit so my flower stems will slip through




I had this left over pretty floral fabric from an old bed dust ruffle.  I cut a piece to fit over the bottom of the canvas plus enough to stretch around the back and hot glued in place.



Next I hot glued the back I had saved from an old picture frame so my canvas will be able to stand.







I added embellishments to the top corner and lace across the top.




Lots of odds and ends, flowers and metal bits.



On the right side I added a crystal and a couple of flowers.



Here it is ready to fill with water and flowers.







Happy Crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment