Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Vintage Style White Porcelain Car








While visiting a vintage store I found the cutest little porcelain vintage style car.  This little car measures about 5 inches long.





Most of the gold had rubbed off over time, so using a fine brush and liquid gold leaf I repainted the gold back to the parts were you could just barely see the original gold had been.







I have no idea what the original purpose of this little car was but I chose to fill it with faux plants.

I began by filling the cavities with green moss.




I love succulent plants.  I have them in my garden and now in my decor.

I began by cutting all the pieces out with my Big Shot, inking the edges and curling the petals, then glued them together to form my little plants.







I made 5 little plants and glued them to the moss.



Also added the little pink bird.



A blue dragonfly and colorful flat back pearls to match each plant.






It looks like I am going to end up with a house full of succulents but I just can't stop myself from making more of them.


Happy Crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment