Thursday, October 5, 2017

Angel Wall Hanging






I have been on the lookout for something to hang above our bed.  I wanted it to look like an architectural piece but without the weight of a heavy concrete piece.

I found these paper mache angels for 75 cents. They had a very bad crackle finish that was done over bright gold.

They were chipped and stained.



Using light gray, dark gray and white chalk paint I created the look of aged concrete.












I glued a corded tassel to the back with hot glue to make a hanger.




Next I painted this very lightweight plastic ceiling tile in light gray with white on the raised areas.




Again using hot glue I attached the angels to the ceiling tile.




I really love the way this turned out.  It looks like heavy concrete but really only ways a few ounces.  After all we do live in California land of earthquakes.  Definitely don't want concrete falling on our heads in a big shake.

This piece hangs over the headboard I built a few years ago to resemble a white picket fence along with a couple of straw hats and a swag of lace.




Happy Crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment