Friday, December 23, 2016

Two Days Until Christmas and Plant Stand Makeover



Wishing everyone a very peaceful and happy Holiday season.

With all the hustle and bustle it is good to finally have everything ready.  Ornaments hung, packages wrapped and dinner ordered.  Yes, I ordered a complete 
Organic Christmas dinner from Whole Foods.  Just need to pick it up on Saturday and warm on Sunday. We are spending Christmas at home, just the two of us.  No way did I want to cook all that food from scratch.  We have ordered their dinners before, they are very good and include even the pumpkin pie for hubby.

Now it is time to relax and enjoy the season.  Last week I made a new Christmas earrings and necklace set.  Awhile back I came across some vintage plastic beads that looked like Christmas candy in two different sizes.  Perfect for earrings and necklace. I used a piece of red silk cording I already had in my stash.


And today I had a little spare time to get a long overdue project completed.

This oak plant stand belonged to my mother.  I really love the style.



But there was water damage to the top.  So I decided to paint it white with chalk paint.




Here it is partially painted.




I am trying out a different brand of paint that I haven't used before.  It seems a little thing and can run easily, not as thick as I am used to using.  But hoping two coats will cover.


And here it is after one coat.




And now two coats.  I got good coverage and a nice finish.  Guess I will try other colors of this paint on other  projects in the future.




I really love it's new look.


Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment