Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Planter Redo



I have had this little planter for awhile.  I like it and want to use it in our bath to hold rolled bath towels.  The only problem is I don't like the amber distressing glazed that was used on it. It is just too yellow for my decor.  Much more of a yellow tone than shows in the photo.


It just looks dingy and dirty to me, not sometime I would want to use for clean towels.  I know it is just the color of the glaze, but still, yuck.


Here you can see even the interior also has the yellowed glaze.  

So I decided to go over the whole piece with a dry brush technique using just enough white paint to tone down the glaze and give the whole piece a brighter fresher appearance.




The interior looks so much better bright, clean white.



The change is subtle but so worth it.


Love the new look.




before 


after




Happy Crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment