The first thing I did was hot glue the same black ball fringe I used on the vanity skirt to the edges of the lampshades. I also used two pieces of a vintage art deco belt buckle on each shade. I have had this buckle in my stash forever. Could never find a use for it. But here it adds just the right amount of sparkle.
And here is a close up. So far this redo looks awful against the dark blue. So that will be the next step. Get rid of that blue.
I removed the shades and painted the whole lamp with white chalk paint. When it was dry I painted a few hot pink and gold stripes to the main upright. and then cut a few strips from the zebra pattern adhesive paper. I put the wider pieces under the pink stripes and the smaller piece around the base of the lower lamp. Then I added a hot pink tassel at the top and two decals to the upper shade. Zebra themed, of course.
Love my redesigned light.