Wednesday, May 4, 2016

No More Blue Lamp



You can just see the base of the ugly Target blue lamp on the right side of the picture.  I like the light that it gives off but definitely won't go with the new color scheme.


The first thing I did was hot glue the same black ball fringe I used on the vanity skirt to the edges of the lampshades.  I also used two pieces of a vintage art deco belt buckle on each shade.  I have had this buckle in my stash forever.  Could never find a use for it.  But here it adds just the right amount of sparkle.


And here is a close up. So far this redo looks awful against the dark blue.  So that will be the next step.  Get rid of that blue.



 I removed the shades and painted the whole lamp with white chalk paint.  When it was dry I painted a few hot pink and gold stripes to the main upright.  and then cut a few strips from the zebra pattern adhesive paper.  I put the wider pieces under the pink stripes and the smaller piece around the base of the lower lamp.  Then I added a hot pink tassel at the top and two decals to the upper shade.  Zebra themed, of course.

Love my redesigned light.


Happy Decorating!






No comments:

Post a Comment